Saturday, January 29, 2011

A New Dress

I have had such a BUSY week!  Keeping up with a blog is a LOT for my schedule, but I found some time to get in some pictures.  Let me show you a dress that I made for my daughter's dolls Felicity and Elizabeth.  I LOVE the colors pink and gold together.  My doll Rebecca is modeling the new dress next to Elizabeth.  I tried to keep the new dress a lot like Elizabeth's dress since I didn't have time to look up Colonial fashion.  I did make a few changes though:
I chose to lengthen my dress because I don't like shoes showing under a long dress.

There is actually a jacket over the top of the dress.  Elizabeth's dress is all one piece.

The only thing I regret is making those bows so big.  I know Felicity's gala gown has these big bows, but after I permantly sewed them in is when I realized that I wished they were smaller.  Oh, well.......

Here is a cute purse for her also. 

My hat is on the right, and Elizabeth's is on the left.  I love Elizabeth's lace though.  It is more authentic and thinner.

Here is the back of the dress with the jacket snapped up. Now, I didn't come up with this pattern on my own.  I did go to the fabric store and find a doll pattern for old-fashioned clothes.  I just altered the pattern to my taste.  My daughter loves the dress, but she is an American Girl Doll Purist.  Do you know what that means?  She has a hard time putting anything on her dolls that is not AG brand.  I know she likes it though, and I love sewing for her!!
Hope you like it too!!!
Susan

2 comments:

  1. The dress is beautiful. :)
    ~Caelen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment! I appreciated it so much!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete