Sunday, January 30, 2011

Making more Leggings!!!

Well, I had to try my hand at leggings again.  I love leggings!  They are so cute on girls, teens, and young ladies (if worn appropriately).
This time I bought stretchy fabric.  My daughter picked out gray.
Then I got my black AG leggings, and traced them on white paper.
I only traced one side since each side is the same.  Here is what I traced:

Then I traced around that about a quarter of an inch so I would have seams.  Now, I know most of you out there probably don't know how to sew, so I bet this may be boring.

This outside line I will cut out and place that on the gray fabric.

Then I will trace around the paper onto the fabric and cut our 4 pieces.  To move this story along, I then sewed all 4 pieces together and came up with leggings.  Here's my doll Suzie modeling them:

I couldn't find stretchy lace to go around the hem, but they still look cute.  Now it takes me about 3 tries to get a pattern perfect.  Above you don't see any mistakes, right?  Well, look a little further:

Here is the front-view of the leggings underneath the shirt.  It's OK, but.......

.....this is what her back side looks like.  I forgot to think about how her bottom is much bigger than her front, so the leggings dont' quite fit her bottom.  Practice makes perfect, so I will try again.  But, for now, you can't tell with her long shirt over it.

CUTENESS ALERT!!CUTENESS ALERT!!CUTENESS ALERT!!

I have to interupt this blog to show you our hamsters:
I just saw them sleeping together in their sky house, and I woke them up to show you.  Aren't they so cute!!!!!!

Now, let's get back to the legging outfit.  I found these cute AG shoes to go with Suzie's leggings and shirt, and what a match!!!

They have butterflies just like her shirt:

I think it's a cute match.  I hope to perfect these leggings and give some away!  Have a wonderful day and night!!!
Susan

3 comments: