Thursday, February 10, 2011

WHAT IS LOVE?

It is all summed up in one word:  GOD.  In the Bible in I John 4:8 it says that, "God is love".  Wow!!!  I am so thankful that we have a God of love, a God of forgiveness, a God of patience.  We don't have to be afraid of Him because of what we have done.  He has forgiven EVERYTHING when He died on a cross for us.  If you don't know Him to have this special kind of love please see my "Are you going to heaven?" above on my pages.  If you do know Him, but have forgotten about Him, what a wonderful time to get to know Him again than on Valentine's Day.
Here is my cute doll Suzie with a valentine.  Let me show you how to make it.  First of all, here is the book I found it in:
Let me show you one that is adult size that my daughter and I worked on:
Here is a close-up of these curlies which are suppose to look like rose buds:

They are quite easy to make, but time consuming.  So, after you make one you probably won't want to make another one.  Find some paper and cut it into skinny strips about 1/4 inch thick like so:
Then twirl each strip around a pencil nice and tight.
 Take a heart shaped piece of paper, put glue over it, then begin to place your rosettes on the glue.  You can leave it all pink, or you can make a couple of green rosettes to look like leaves.  Just stuff the green ones in where ever you can.
Like I said, it is time consuming, but when it's all dried it looks quite lovely.  We've saved ours from last year.  And, if you make one for a family member they will appreciate it SO MUCH!!  I love everything my daughter makes for me!!!

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful;D I would love to try it;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will hopefully try it this weekend! I am also going to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Mackenzie and Emma: Great girls for giving it a try!
    Like I said, it is quite time-consuming, but I think you'll like the result.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete