Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A New Project

It's actually an old project that I haven't started until a few days ago.  This past Halloween my daughter wanted to be Alice in Wonderland for our church fall festival.  She wanted her AG doll to have a matching costume too, but I never started it.  Here's the pattern:
The costume wasn't in the traditional colors, but it was still cute.  My daughter DID want the traditional colors because the fabric store had nothing similar to what was on the pattern cover.
This is what it turned out like.  It really looks better on her, than on a hanger.  Plus, she looked like Alice in Wonderland when she put it on.  I went to Good Will in hopes of finding  a white rabbit for her to hold that somebody didn't want anymore.  When I arrived at the store I said a prayer, and there was this HUGE white rabbit ready to be bought.  So, for $2.00 I bought it, washed it, and made the rabbit a costume just like in the movie.  God was so good that day!  We ended up giving it away to a little 4-year-old girl at the fall festival. 

But, I can't find my pictures anywhere!!!!  My daughter will have to pose again in the costume before she gets bigger, but I'll never be able to have the pictures with her and the white rabbit if I can't find these pictures.

But, here is the beginning of her doll's costume:
Hopefully, I'll have it done before Easter.

Have a nice day!
~Susan~

No comments:

Post a Comment