Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas Everyone!

The new Narnia movie was probably my most moving Christmas event this year.  In fact, I went to see it 2 times.  My favorite part was when Lucy looks into the mirror and wishes herself to be her sister, Susan.  Aslan asks, "Lucy, what have you done?  You have wished yourself away."  How many times do we doubt ourselves or wish we were someone else?  Of course, Aslan, reassures Lucy and convinces her of her value in a firm, but gentle manner.

This movie touched my heart in so many ways.  I am so thankful for a strong and loving God.  What a wonderful Christmas present He is to us.  I pray that everyone is very thankful for what they receive this Christmas, and to be reminded of God's special gift to us, Jesus.

Do you know anyone who has ever made a Narnia costume for their doll?  How awesome would that be?  Maybe you can see the Narnia movie over the Christmas holiday with family or friends.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Susan

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan! "Elinor" at The Dashwood Sisters blog has a post on Lucy's coronation gown that she made for an American Girl doll. She has an etsy shop as well, and it sounds like she's making plans to make more Narnia clothes. Here's where you can find pics: http://hooks-and-needles.blogspot.com/2010/11/lucys-coronation-dress-and-cape.html. I'm sure you'd love her blog! Have a nice day! :) P.S. I followed your blog, too. :D

    ReplyDelete